23 Feb 2008

The sky is falling....

Things happen. They happen with everybody. The world is not trying to zero in on me. That's what I keep assuring me these days. Why, sample my days.

I am in Gym in the morning. Get to see Rohit after quite a few days there. So does he. I am doing my set so can't say hi. He comes to me and
"Hi"
"Hey hi" I say with effort because I am towards the end of my set.
"Say buddy! What's going"
"Biceps and Triceps dude" I say putting the barbell down.
"I was asking as in life you loser ! Do you tell everyone such replies when they ask you what's up" he snaps taking out his shirt.
He sometimes makes you feel as if you are the biggest of them all...idiots, of course.

And just the next day I am doing Pullovers in Chest. Rohit enters again.
"Hey. Whoa so heavy ! So ! It's legs today?"
I drop the weight midway, without finishing my set. It's more a shock than surprise.
Now now, if someone can call such an obvious chest exercise as a pullover a leg exercise then where in hell did he have any right to call me a loser the previous day !

A few hours later, I am in office. The bachelor party is discussing the grave subject of singles vs committed. The conclusion after about half an hour of debate, more serious than any project meeting I have ever attended there, was that girls like committed guys because they must have something in them which attracted somebody enough to commit herself to them.

I am a quick learner. People have always told me that. Now what would you expect from such a person after this debate. I come and change my relationship status on my profile on the social networking site to 'Committed'.
And guess what. This girl I met at a party a few days back and had been trying to flirt with for sometime now, writes to me
"Hey what's the surprise? You got someone at last ! Who is the lucky girl? So now I have nothing to fear from you and we can keep in touch. You won't mind me calling you a bhaiya ! Hai na !"
I celebrated a black day that day.


3 comments:

Swati said...

hahahha..BHAIYA ...

Sodium said...

tagged?

Sodium said...

You should not laugh at other's miseries. Bad manners !