19 Nov 2008

How nine cans of beer screwed me..

I didn't realize I had been asking so many questions. The friend whose home we (Rajesh and I) are staying at till we get our own lease done had nine cans of beer today and started talking after it got to his head.

- You are a new kid to the US. (Rajesh has been in the US for the last eight months, so I am the only kid in the house)
- It's not good to try to learn a lot too soon. You are asking many questions.
- Why should we bother about you. No, we wouldn't. You should be on your own.
- Things are very complicated man. You will find out. It's not easy buddy.
- Don't think too much at the same time.

And let me put a disclaimer that before, after, and between all those lines, I didn't speak a word. This was his idea of me in the two days of stay together that started pouring out automatically after all those beers. Man ! I guess I'll have to shut up a bit more.

1 comment:

Abhishek... said...

Yaar u already don't speak much... don't worry, just enjoy :)