19 Nov 2008

Sodium in the US..

After months of hanging between whether I should or should not, I finally forced myself to take this step..moving to the US. Till the last moment, I didn't really want to work abroad just for money or for the name of this country. But, I was thinking that before joining my MBA, it would be better to go out and see what the world is doing and how they are doing it. That would also help me in making a first hand practical decision whether to try for a job in India, Asia, or the west.

My first days in the US:

The intial phase seems to be over in two days. The phase of uncertainty and apprehensions about whether I really made a right decision. It's time now to experience. The work culture in the US differs somewhat from India, as everybody knows. The residential complexes are very comfortable. And I have never done serious cooking in my life so far, so that's something trying for me. But I have to thank my room-mate here for his culinary skills. He can cook most of the things and charging a premium for this speciality, he always asks me to cut the onion and cry with it for my ignorance. Realizing that otherwise I may not have anything to eat at all, I am also content with cutting all the vegetables in the first few days of my cooking practicals. Perhaps by the end of first month, I would be able to cook all these things myself, end-to-end, as we call it in our IT world. But I won't mind cutting onion for our dinner even then Rajesh. You have been of help.

The apartment complex is posh - A gym, a swimming pool, squash and badminton courts, and not just Indian residents. I value the last thing because when I have come this far, I want to experience the American life somewhat.

Phew ! Life has come a long way man. And everybody has been there. Rajesh said for himself today that he had never thought he would be in the US ever.

No comments: