29 Jan 2010

Better hurry up dude or else..

Yeah, they want me to get married. Today my mom was asking me to make my biodata. They are convinced that I can't help myself. But fighter as I am, I am determined not to accept defeat in this sphere too. Though lately MBA has made my thought process more structured and practical. I draw 2x2 for every major decision now. So my 2x2 here shows an alarming mismatch between my pick up skills and those needed in practice. Sadly, there are no reliable vocational courses for this skill set. All this has begun to concern me lately. I often think though that if there were an entrance exam for this, I would be dating a Miss World by now. Garora agreed with me here once when I discussed this thought with him. Anyway, I told my mom to use for biodata the same resume as I used for McKinsey. Innocently enough my dad argued "But a biodata would also need to have the details of your family!" That cracked me up. I assured him that I would modify it a bit to include the details of my family. Would need to cut some current stuff from that though to still manage it within one page. But I hope I can defer it for now.

Then today the advertising whiz of our school asked me to accompany him to the Hypercity mall. His idea was to do some social experiment with chicks there, in fact all this was his euphemism for asking girls out at random to see what works. Diversity at its best. The way he talks, none of us thinks that he ever had any difficulty picking up chicks. Anyways, I am completely free these days, so I agreed to take a lesson or two. He asked me not to share this with anyone though. His rationale - such kind of conversations do not suit B school students. I got a new insight in social behavior and promised him that the word wouldn't go out. So, I can't share with you guys what followed in the hypercity mall. But we had a good day if that gives you some hint.

I still have 2 months to go in Hyderabad. Let's see if I can use some of the learnings...do let me know if any of you have some tips for me though.

3 comments:

Swati said...

LOL..hurry up dude ..varna shahid ho jayoge mummy papa ke haath :D

Sodium said...

yeah :(

sunshine said...

O gosh...Ankur...That was quite a piece. Good luck, man. N if u in same status, thenjoin us for Valentine bash, next time. Cheers,