19 Jan 2010

Life...the McKinsey way..

"Congrats guys...welcome to McKinsey..."

..said the director of the revered firm. It was all music to our ears and the beginning of a new career for us. When I came to ISB, I didn't even imagine I would be shortlisted by McKinsey. ISB changed me in 8 months to the extent that I was ultimately able to beg the coveted consulting offer.

Somehow even though it was a big day for me, it didn't feel any different after this offer. The first job after IIT had felt big but this one didn't even though this was way bigger than that one. Perhaps because the first job means special in a different way - you become independent for the first time. I haven't started feeling any difference even after 3 days of getting the offer. Sitting in class, I still feel I have to prepare for placements even though I am out of the placement process now.

I am waiting to see when I start feeling like a consultant..

4 comments:

Swati said...

WOW..CONGRATS !!!

So will you become my portfolio manager ??

Sodium said...

Thanks :)

Consultants don't do portfolio management. That's banking. I am a strategy consultant :)

Anchal said...

Congrats once again!! :)

Anchal said...

This one's from Papa.. :)
"It's really an excellent success in ur life. I request from the Almighty God to bless with all, whatever is good in ur future life. Congrats again. :)"